Dr. Ellen L.Wright, Ph.D. Psychologist
People enter therapy because they want to improve something in their lives. Often the timing of this choice to seek therapy is not ideal - you may be having family or work stress, you may be depressed, anxious, tired and unable to think clearly or make decisions. At these times you need a therapist who is well respected, thoughtful, and capable.
I am a licensed Psychologist who has been in private practice in Center City, Philadelphia for over 25 years. I work with adults and young adults (16 years +) facing emotional, interpersonal, career and medical challenges. I provide individual, couples and group therapy for the following issues:
- Depression - Mood Disorders
- Relationship Issues
- Stress Management
- Professional and Career Development
- Performance Issues for Musicians
- Parenting Concerns
- Coping with Medical Illness
- Navigating Life Transitions (college, mid-life, career, loss)
What I bring to our work together:
- Breadth of knowledge and resources
- A pragmatic treatment approach that takes into account your real-life constraints
(time, money, job and family)
- The ability to identify attitudes and behaviors that block progress
- Sense of humor that sets you at ease and helps you look at your situation more positively
If you would like to discuss the benefits of our working together please contact me by phone at 215-732-3720 or by Please call if the e-mail link doesn't work.
My office is located at 2120 Spruce Street, first floor, in Center City, Philadelphia.